
Here are 6 month pictures ... please shoot me an email if this link doesn't work.
Our friend Kate Sweeny is a kindergarten teacher, and she says that everyone thinks their kid is a genius and sometimes her job is to have to set them straight. First time parents are the worst because they think "my son learned to tie his shoe...he's a GENIUS".... it is the job of the kindergarten teacher to break it to them that all the other kids learned to tie their shoes AGES ago. I can totally see how this happens... first timers have nothing to compare the kid to, and the other people they might ask are usually grandparents, who have totally gone ga ga over the kid and are already filling out the Ivy League applications.
With twins you do get the benefit of comparison. For example, Dylan can now roll herself around the room, while Charlotte looks at her like "why bother doing that...if I just scream long enough mom will come pick me up." Charlotte is trying to sit up a bit...Dylan is too busy flipping to ever stay still long enough.
You still, however, wonder how your children "measure up" relative to others. For this reason it sometimes makes me nervous when I hear parents keep saying to their kids "oh you're so smart!" I mean really, what if they aren't?? It's like When Harry Met Sally "we all think we have good taste, but we can't all possibly have good taste," except I'm talking about brain power. So as for Charlotte and Dylan? They are starting to dig the idea of food. The problem is, they don't seem to get from where it comes. Even though they see it on the spoon, they seem to think it comes from the bib, as evidenced by this picture. Clearly these girls are a couple of Einsteins : )
So maybe I don't need to send money to Stanford/Harvard with the hopes of assuring their acceptances (not like I'd be sending enough to make a difference, but I like to pretend). Maybe they'll just have to settle for Duke. Or better yet, maybe they will join up with one of their Texas friends... Avery Erwin or Peyton Price perhaps... to become the next generation's Dixie Chicks (I gotta believe they already have Peyton on the karaoke machine practicing). Then they will be famous, and they can eat food any which way their little hearts desire and Us Weekly will say it's cool.
P.S. Dylan went down with only about 10 minutes of on and off crying tonight. I had to take longer to soother her before putting her down, but it was worth it!!! I'm so relieved that things seem to be getting better!!!!
And one more thing. If anyone is going to Target anytime soon let me know. I really like some of the things I bought there but after my tirade I can't possibly go back : )

No comments:
Post a Comment