Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Parental regression

So I have a confession to make. I think I'm regressing back to childhood a bit. Maybe it is because I am sick, but there are a few of these 'baby' things I might like a little two much. Two examples:

---Baby food...I have to say that I LIKE it. Last night I topped off my dinner with a jar of Earth's Best mashed bananas. NO JOKE. Ok, maybe the real problem is that Andrew was working late and I didn't feel well enough to get to the store on Sunday, but still, the stuff isn't half bad. I mean really, who doesn't like pureed sweet potatoes??? mmmmmm.....good.

---Animal blankets. So we started to give the girls little animal blankets (half stuffed animal/half blankie) during sleep training. The ones I bought originally were cute but probably wouldn't stand the test of time (meaning 2 years of little girls trying to eat them, rub their faces in them, etc). So my mother found and bought new ones... the most adorable giraffe and rabbit blankies I have ever seen. So incredibly soft AND they come with proteins embedded in them that help fight asthma and allergies (a big concern with preemies). As part of the process of giving them to the girls I sleep with them for the first few nights so they smell like me. The problem is that I LIKE sleeping with them. I'm actually having a hard time giving them up to C & D (although it is really cute to see how quickly they have fallen in love with them...they get huge smiles on their faces when I give them to them).

So I attached this picture because it is a classic "dylan and charlotte" comparison. We tried to take pictures of the girls and couldn't get Dylan to stop moving long enough to look at us. Charlotte, on the other hand, mugged for the camera for several minutes. You can see the drool hanging off of her chin as evidence of how long she was grinning.

One more tidbit about the ladies....they LOVE when things hit them on the head. I'm not joking on this one. We have these soft foam blocks...you would think they would like to see them stacked up and then knocked over. Nope. They prefer that I throw them up in the air and they land squarely on their faces. Dylan laughs and laughs and laughs. Or, even worse, the Prices gave them these little toy hammers that make noises when you hit them lightly on something. Charlotte and Dylan, Dylan in particularly, LOVE it when I use the hammers to hit them on the head, forehead, nose, etc. I have absolutely no idea what this says about them.

No comments: