Thursday, August 03, 2006

Glorious Mornings



Why don't adults act more like babies? When I lean over the girls' cribs in the morning they get huge grins and they start kicking furiously and flailing their arms. It's like I'm Santa Claus. And, regardless of how little sleep I've had the night before, seeing those smiles and watching those legs kick feels better than any Christmas morning I have ever had. So it is a complete win-win situation and the most spectacular start to a day. So I wonder, why the heck don't we do that as adults? I mean maybe I should kick my legs and flail my arms every time I wake up next to Andrew (which, given his work schedule and some weekends with friends, isn't that often lately). He didn't even make me cry myself to sleep the night before like I did to the girls in the past week....doesn't he deserve to be treated like Santa Claus even more??

I honestly wish that I could bottle the feeling I get when I see them each morning and pull it out whenever I need to throughout the rest of my life. Because really, it doesn't get any better.

No comments: