Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Note to Self



It is my party and I will cry if I want to... (D)

Four year olds don't care if you make cupcakes (two DIFFERENT kinds for two different girls) from scratch. (That, or you can't even bake a decent batch of cupcakes from scratch). Slap sugary frosting on a brick and they would be ok with it as long as they could lick the frosting off.

We had a little birthday celebration at school today. Since we aren't having a party I let them bring "treat bags" into the kids at school. When C and D think parties they think two things: cake, and treat bags. They had a BLAST picking out the stuff for their treat bags and putting them together. (Did we always get treat bags at parties? My kids get ready to leave a party and I am embarrassed to admit that they ask "Where is my treat bag?" We didn't have Target growing up. Maybe that was the problem.)

D was a little tired, but all in all, they had fun.




No comments: