Thursday, January 14, 2010

All I Want for my Birthday

D and C's birthday is coming up. We won't give them gifts because it is just too close to christmas. I don't know how long I will continue the tradition (for Lila, forever) but for now it is just too soon after Christmas...no kid needs all that stuff at once. I also really enjoy having the opportunity to get them things they need for the summer for their half birthday.

Even though C and D are generally ok with it, sometimes they forget. Mostly they just like talking about getting gifts. D's request was as follows:

D: "For my birthday I want a remote control airplane, a shirt with a 4 on it, and a pretend neck."
Me: "A pretend neck?!"
D: "Yeah, you know, a really long neck that I can put on so my head will be up to the ceiling."
Me: "Uh, I don't think they make those?"
D: (scrunching up her face) "Ummm, I think Gram will know where to find it."

No comments: