- Their favorite name is Bedo. if you ever ask one of them what someone or something's (ie. stuffed animal) name is you'll inevitably be told "Bedo." Often times when I ask them what my name is they say "Bedo" just to be funny. I think D started it, but C picked it up quickly. They say it with a grin and then giggle their little butts off.
- They label a lot of things "cottage cheese." "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" is universally called 'the cottage cheese book' in our house, but I have no idea why. They just started calling it that...most of the time they think they are being funny. They'll say they want to wear "the cottage cheese shirt" and then laugh hysterically because I have no idea to what they are referring.
- Other words are now being used for the same purpose. The other day they were in hysterics sending Andrew to look for the "ketchup book." Their new favorite word is "wiki wiki" (the name of the bus that takes you around the Honolulu airport). They want to read the "wiki wiki book" and use the "wiki wiki toothbrush." Tee hee hee!
- They have some sensory issues (D especially). Certain surfaces really bother them. Occasionally they get very upset when their socks are "unside out" and they can feel a seam. The ramifications of this sensitivity can be a huge pain in my *ss. For instance, a few weeks ago I replaced our bath mat. Since then D has refused to kneel or sit in the tub. I have literally gone through about 6 bath mats, and finally found the exact one I threw out, and she still refuses to go near it. (Really sweet since I'm usually bathing them by myself.
- And the most distinctive one: the lip licking and head nodding maneuver (or as Andrew calls it, the "David Archuleta"). When D says something emphatically, she licks her lips and nods her head rapidly. It is her way of A) making her point known and/or B) maybe some form of self soothing. (I know I have a video of it somewhere...I'll get it up. I'm way behind on video posting). Even odder, C now does it too, although hers is much more forced and another example of her love for her sister. Weirdest part of all? I'm sort of doing it now too.
And I'm not sure you'd call this a quirk, just poor taste (as mentioned earlier). Here they are when I dress them (thank you for the shirts Aunt Roey...we LOVE THEM) and here D is when she chooses her own outfit.

1 comment:
dylan is so fashion-forward. i've been working on that look for years...
Post a Comment