Friday, May 09, 2008

I Hate Friday Nights

When you are working with no kids Friday nights are the best. But now Friday nights roll around and I'm EXHAUSTED, and it isn't like work "ends" at 6. We rarely get babysitting on Friday nights and so Friday nights are just like a weeknight, except that I know that "everyone else" is out living it up. Friday nights may also be the biggest divide between being the one who gets out of the house more and the one who doesn't. Even though he's really tired, A still gets to share in a little of that "another week gone by, things accomplished, now work is over" feeling, and honestly, I usually just look and feel like hell and have no sense of transition because I work from home (and don't work on Fridays anyway).

My rant is probably based on the fact that for at least the past 3 weeks I haven't even been able to look forward to A getting home around bedtime on Friday. He's either out of town for work or coming back late and so I'm all by myself. I can't meet up w/ anyone because most of my friends' husbands get home early on Fridays (at least in my mind they all seem to) and so they are doing family stuff already. So it is just me and the monkeys.

I think I'm starting to hate Friday nights because when I'm alone a lot, it is right around that time that I become a bad parent. They are so great to be around, but when I'm around them all the time by myself I don't appreciate the time with them nearly enough. I get short-tempered and then I get angry at myself, and then I hate Friday nights even more. Boo hoo.

No comments: