Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Things that make me laugh

  • When they go to bed at night and I can hear them in their room, singing in unison. It's like American Idol in there, I swear. Current popular songs are "Great Big Stars," Knick Knack Paddywack, Dona Freda Baila, and of course, the Good Night song.
  • When the girls make a request without saying please we often say "I can't hear you." Now sometimes when C asks for something without saying please she'll stop, look at me, grin, and say "I can't hear you!" Gotta love a toddler who mocks herself.
  • When C says "I'm going to go to Daddy's office." and I say "What will you do there? What does Daddy do there?" She responds "Play ping pong."

  • Watching C and D give each other kisses.

  • Whenever C needs something she says "We need to go to Walgreens."

  • When D or C get hurt they want "Owie"...Owie is a pink or purple "Little Miss Happy" and has a freezer pack in it. No matter where they get hurt, they always put Owie on their forehead.

  • When I catch D picking her nose I say "What are you doing Dylan?" She grins and says with glee "Picking nose." Then "Big girls don't do that" to herself. And laughs.

  • When I tell C that she can't interrupt people and she needs to say "excuse me" when she wants to speak, and she gives this little laugh like "Who are you kidding?"

  • Their versions of "smiling for the camera" (and yes, C is both a firefighter and "captain charlotte" in this pic--it was early Sunday morning and Mom and Dad wanted to get out for coffee/tea and didn't care what they wore as long as they weren't naked)

No comments: