A few weeks ago I filled in for a friend who runs the expectant and new parents of twins group in SF. There were about 7 moms there, 3 expecting, 1 with a surrogate expecting, and 3 with newborn twins. We talked about the typical issues of pregnancy risks, delivery, lack of sleep, etc. And the whole time all I could think was "I wish I were one of you!!!!"I want twins. Again. Seriously. I would be the happiest person on earth if twins came my way again. (Unfortunately, Andrew might not be, but that is another story). I am enthralled watching them interact and it is such a wonderful feeling to know that they will always have each other. Sometimes when I look forward to having another someday I think about the first ultrasound, and I wonder how I will feel when I only see one. It is hard to imagine it topping the experience of finding two the first time around.
That being said, on the rare occasions that I get one to myself I am amazed by how much simpler it is and how different the bonding experience is...so I am sure I will enjoy it in so many other ways someday.
Still, a girl can dream...

No comments:
Post a Comment