Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Now and Then






I thought I would post a few pictures of the girls at birth and the girls today. At the twins club meeting I held a 7lb, 7 week old identical twin named Mazie and it made me realize how fast time has gone by. I miss their littler selves, but I am so proud to see how far they have come. Since I am their only food source I think it might be my proudest accomplishment to date.

In the pics you might be able to see the green aspirator in Dylan's isolette and then I put it between them today. I also laid their first outfits next to them today. These are Gap micro preemie outfits my sister gave me...for babies up to 5lb. When the girls first put them on them they were HUGE. Now they look like dolls clothes to me! (These pictures got mixed up in posting.. Charlotte is the first NICU pic--she has the nasal candula--and Dylan is the last pic.)

I have often been accused of looking too forward into the future or being 'retro' and wistful about the past. Having children may have cured me. I want to stop, freeze, and enjoy almost every moment of my current life. And if I ever forget this, all I need to do is go for a run to the GG Bridge and I get all the perspective I need. I usually find myself at the end sprinting to get back to my life.

No comments: