Wednesday, May 03, 2006

"Twins?!"

I never realized how much people love twins. I guess I always looked into the double strollers when they passed me by, but I never really thought about it much. Walking around with the munchkins is like being the bodyguard for 'little celebrities' as Andrew likes to call them. So many people point them out---"Twins?" "Twins!"; ask you questions "How old?" "Boys or girls?" "Are they sleeping?" "Do they run in your family?"; tell you about their relations to twins "I'm a twin!"; "I have twins" "My mother was a twin"; or just comment "You're so lucky" "Double trouble!"--it has gotten to the point that if people don't comment, as Andrew says "I think 'Don't you have a heart?'"
I have to admit that not only have I gotten used to it, I really enjoy it. I love being able to say "yes they are mine" in response to the question. I don't even mind the questions. And I have to say, I appreciate all of the comments that make me realize that while it is wonderful to have twins, it is also a lot of work. Some of my favorite comments: "God bless you" (said by more people than I ever would have thought), "Wow, that must be a lot of work", "Wow, you must be tired," and my favorite might be "You make me feel like a slacker for only having one baby." It sounds silly but sometimes you need to knwow that you are experiencing something out of the ordinary. Sometimes I wonder what it will be like if we have another child--we're gong to wonder why everyone isn't stopping us on the street to look at it!
So if you see someone on the street with twins, do me a favor and congratulate them. : )
Click here for latest pictures

No comments: