Click here for more pictures of the girlsSunday was my first Mother's Day. A year ago I remember thinking how it would be nice to be a mother on the next Mother's Day. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be a mother of TWO!! I know, I keep dwelling on this, but I still find the whole thing so crazy. I walked by a woman watering her lawn on Sunday and she looked at me and said "now THAT is what I call a happy first Mother's Day." I also met two young women a few hours later who said to me "You are the luckiest person in the whole world." And I think they meant it. It is so sweet to hear things like that.... and such a wonderful reminder of how lucky I really am. My Baby Boot Camp teacher said she thinks God gives twins to mothers who are special. I don't know if that is true but I sure do like the sound of it : ).
On Saturday I took the girls to meet their great grandmother "Gumma." Gumma has alzheimers and it makes me sad to see her sometimes because I remember how she used to be. She remembers my mom and I think she remembers me a bit. Whether or not she understood that Charlotte and Dylan were her great granddaughters didn't really matter, though, because she was absolutely smitten by them. She kept saying "they are prescious" and actually reached out to hold them. We let her hold them (she can't really open her hands and therefore cannot hold them for long) and when I went to take back Charlotte Gumma didn't want to let her go. It made me really happy to see her happy and I hope to take the girls back to see her again.
Charlotte and Dylan smile more and more every day, and they are starting to show signs of memory (especially around feeding!) They go in for their 4 month check up and and shots tomorrow and I hope that Dylan is closer to getting on to the growth charts.

No comments:
Post a Comment