Monday, November 01, 2010

The Marrying Kind

C: "Mom, if someone wants to marry someone but the other person doesn't, do they have to get married?"

Me: "Why do you ask?"

C: (In the most innocent tone that will, sadly, probably be gone when speaking of boys in a year or two) "Because this boy in Gymnastics class says he is going to marry me. But I really don't want to marry him."

Me: "No sweetheart, people only get married if both people want to get married."

C: "Why did you marry Daddy?"

Me: "Because he's fun, and funny, and kind, and smart, and good."

C: "And you knew he would be a great Daddy."

Me: "Yes, that too."

(From the back of the car) D: "I am not going to get married until I'm done with 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 8th....um, I'm not going to get married until I am done with college."

"And I am going to marry a GIRL."

You go girl.

No comments: