Thursday, November 04, 2010

Quotes


(Fall in SF is beautiful---but weird. Snow hats one day, swimsuits the next).
Andrew was sitting with C in the bathroom while she waxed poetic.

C: "Daddy, I think you are so beautiful. Some people might not think you are beautiful, but I think you're beautiful. Well, in the morning when it looks like the rabbits played in your hair then you really aren't beautiful at all. But I still think you are..."

And later in the evening with D, also waxing poetic in the bathroom....

D: "Daddy when are you going to retire?"
A: "Not for a long long time."
D: "Next year?"
A: "No, you'll probably be out of college by the time I retire."
D smiles sweetly and sympathetically, reaches out, and pats Andrew's arm.
D: "Oh Daddy, you'll be dead by the time I get out of college."

And not to be left out...

LBD and DRD are in the playroom. Lila writes all over D's drawing.
D: "Bad Lila!"
LBD (this is only funny because I had no idea she knew how to say this): "NO. BAD DY-YAN!"


No comments: