Sunday, October 31, 2010

Mermaids and Batgirls and Goldfish, Oh My!

I love Halloween. Our celebration this year included:

--Making pumpkin brownie. LBD spent most of that time crying because we wouldn't let her eat all the decorations.
--Picking pumpkins. Really late this year because we had a crazy month (including my Stanford reunion, which reminded me how freaking amazing that school is). It was a little soggy but we enjoyed a long hayride.





--Our first Halloween school party. So cute and full of songs.
--Having the Roystons visit for the weekend. Always fun to see them and wish it wasn't so short and crazy.

--Trick or treating on Chestnut street. LBD wanted nothing to do with her costume until she saw the first piece of candy go in C's bag. Then she looked at me like "All I have to do is wear the suit to get the candy? Put that thing on NOW!" And she held out her arms, got the costume on, and off she went. We couldn't get her 'Ruh ruh' treat bag out of her hands for a week afterward.
MUST EAT CANDY NOW.
EATING ON THE JOB
MORE! MORE! MORE!
--Trick or treating on Halloween night. SF does a great Halloween. First we hit the Marina street and the kids went to town. It felt a little crazier this year but maybe we just got there a bit later. The kids still seemed to have a great time. C and D hit one more block near our house on the way home while LBD and I handed out some candy. All in a great night.

--And the costumes? C was "Ariel" and we even died her hair orange on the big night. I actually sprung for a more expensive costume from Pottery Barn Kids because every other one I found looked like it came complete with a tramp stamp. She was thrilled to have orange hair the last night. D was bat girl, and she decided bat girl was, in fact, a big Giants fan too. So she had a baseball, a spider (just for fun), and Go Giants painted on her hand. For LBD we borrowed two costumes. First she was just going to be a goldfish, but then D said "I'll be the only one on land!" so we had her go as a spider to their party.

Poor LBD was a sucker for face paint

Before the school party
I was not responsible for picture taking here (If I were, I would have gotten ALL the kids together)

No comments: