Monday, November 01, 2010

Civic Pride



We went to the Giants parade.

We met Andrew down at his office and headed to the parade. It was a nice spot to pick because most of the people just went back to their offices afterward so it wasn't completely crazy. C and D were thrilled when the parade started with the Cal Band. Right after that came the broadcasters. One of our friend's is a Giants radio broadcaster, so the second float had twins they knew on it. Everything after that seemed downhill until the players cable cars arrived. The girls were bummed that Buster Posey was facing the other way, but they got a decent hit of Lincecum and a great hit of their favorite player, "Fear the Beard."

I made the effort to go not because we are the worlds biggest Giants Fans (we fully admit to being 'bandwagoners'). But we really enjoyed the Torture Tour and the girls did too. And it just didn't seem like something they should miss in their hometown. I knew it was a good call when Andrew (a die hard Astros fan) said "That was really fun. I'm glad you motivated us." That and the fact that C and D have been playing "World Series Champions Parade" ever since.

I DID promise the girls that if the Astros ever won the world series we would go to their parade too. Fortunately/unfortunately, I don't think I will have to fulfill that promise anytime soon.
The Cal Band
Being a good fan is tiring
Lincecum
Brian Wilson

LBD missed the parade, but she still got into the spirit...


No comments: