

Tonight we went to a dinner party. I got dressed right before putting C and D to sleep. As I am putting them to bed:
C: "Mommy I really don't like that shirt you are wearing."
Me: "You know sweetheart, people don't always want to hear that you do not like something. If they ask you for your opinion you should be honest. But if they do not then I think most people would prefer that you only say something if it is a kind thought."
20 second pause
C: "Mama, please ask me for my opinion of that shirt."
(Taking the bait) Me: "Charlotte what do you think of this shirt."
C: "I really don't like it."
____________________________________
C: "What does stupid mean?"
Me: "Not smart."
C: "Mommy, you should stop calling drivers stupid."
____________________________________
There's a family in our preschool class who recently had twins at 25 weeks. Other families have been helping out with their 4 year old as much as possible. We recently took the little boy to Train Town for the day. As we were returning I told them that my mother might be there with Andrew and Lila when we got back (she had stopped by enroute to something). C and D were giving Jesper the lowdown as we got out of the car to go inside.
C: "Jesper, Papa is really big and he might scare you. But I don't think he's here. It is just MaeMae and she is not scary at all. She's really little."
D: "Yeah Jesper, she's, she's like a 10 year old."

No comments:
Post a Comment