
D in front of her great grandfather's grave



Although an embarrassing month late, we finally got to my father's grave to celebrate his would-be 63rd birthday. Between rain and sickness it took that long. Finally we just went even though the ground was really wet from rain and C was pretty sick (hence her swollen eyes). With the wet ground it was near impossible to get a picture of all three girls together--maybe next year.
This year there were a lot more questions about death and heaven and I do question if I am forcing them to address difficult issues too early. But I want them to have a sense of who Grandpa Michael was, and I want them to honor his memory, so I think the trade off so far has been worth it.
When we went to the nearby florist C and D begged me to buy them little balloons they could put at his grave. I think he would have gotten a kick out of the "Get Well" and "Congrats" balloons they left him. And I think he would have loved the "Julia Mancuso Crowns" C and D were sporting.
And if memory serves (and it may not as I am writing this in freaking April) thanks to Papa Chris for meeting us at your house for a little bit of lunch before we headed home.

No comments:
Post a Comment