Sunday, June 15, 2008

You 'da Man

We have a tradition in my family that we rip on each other in our Christmas cards. Odd, I realize, but it is usually all in good fun and it makes for some great laughs on Christmas morning (not to mention that it can be really interesting to see how new comers respond). I just read one of the books my brother Daniel gave Andrew for Xmas (The Nine) and the card from Daniel was still in there. It reads:

Andrew's Resume
Duke '99
Harvard '04
Married an older woman at 27
Had two kids before 30
Well....the first two sound smart.

Aside from the fact that it makes me laugh every time I read it, the reality of it does keep me up at night sometimes. Maybe it is the Catholic in me, but I definitely harbor some guilt for making Andrew a father (of two no less) so early. But when I look at pics of Andrew with his girls, I start to think that maybe he should be the one thanking me for giving him the two greatest little bundles of fun (most of the time).

In all seriousness, Andrew, you are an incredible father and I am so lucky you chose me. I married you for many reasons, and if I'd known you'd be a fantastic father too I'd have married you even sooner. Your rookie and sophomore parenting years have been pretty impressive....can't wait to watch the next 60. Happy Father's Day.

(Warning: LONG video.... I did it with the main character in mind and figured he wouldn't mind watching 8 minutes of pictures of him and his kids. Y'all might feel differently however :)---That and the pics aren't completely in order...we're going for the 80/20 rule.)

No comments: