Monday, June 23, 2008

Jedi Mind Trick

We may have to start calling D Obi Wan. After asking me for something several times--during which time I keep saying no--she starts saying "Alwight, alwight" over and over with a little grin. At first I thought she was conceding, but then realized she was saying that in anticipation of (or to get) me saying that. So I finally asked her.

Example: She wants me to read more books at bedtime.

D: "Mommy read one more book. Please! .......................................Alwight, alwight."

Me: "Dylan, are you saying alright because you understand we aren't reading any more books or are you saying that because you think I'm about to say that and read you more books?"

D (w/ a saccharine smile) "Because I think Mommy is going to read me more books!" (in characteristically Dylan lyrical way with a very high note on the end).

Am I that much of a freakin' pushover?!

No comments: