D (When asked if she wants to trade/share something with Charlotte: "No tank you. Busy."
D and C (When I start to tell them not to do something): "I said no!" (Uh, gee, where do you think that one came from?)
D and C (When I tell them to drink their milk, eat their salmon, etc): "Big muscles!" (Then they hold out their arms for me to feel them...yes, this is a ploy I have used to get them to drink and right now it seems to work).
D and C (I don't think I need to explain the situation). "Pass gas."
C: "Neighbors. Hammer boom boom. Map." (C does not like strange noises. If she hears them she tries to calm herself by saying that it is the neighbors, and that they must be using a hammer to put up a map, much like we did when we hung a map in their room)
D: "I see it!" (Even if she doesn't)
D and C: "One for Charlotte. One for Dylan." (Of course I LOVE this new phrase)
And one situation that makes me live in fear of my future:
I'm not a big fan of timeouts, but at this age sometimes it seems like the only option. A few days ago Charlotte tried to yank the curtains down in their room. After telling her several times no, I gave her a time out. When it was over D starts smiling and yelling "bye bye time out!" The next day they are sitting in the room and D grins and says mischieviously "TIME OUT!!" and the two look at each other, grin, and immediately start trying to rip down the curtains, laughing all the while.
Here's monkeys with their new versions of "smiling" for the camera. (D=snowman)

No comments:
Post a Comment