Monday, October 15, 2007

Digital Baby Book

This blog is meant to let other people know what is up in our lives and to someday let the girls see "what they were doing when...." Of course, I also planned on keeping a diligent baby book and personal journal for the girls. Gotta tell you, the journal is mostly blank and the baby book ain't lookin' that good these days. So occasionally I need to use this blog to "record history" so to speak. So an update:

Words:

--Where should I start? They repeat EVERYTHING. Which means I have to watch my language.

--D loves multi syllabic words: avocaaaaado, cottage cheeeeeeze, refrigerator,dishwasher (when she sees something dirty). D also says "Charlotte!" just like her mother does when she is trying to get C to come back to her, so it always sounds like an order.

--C loves to imitate. I must say no three times when I mean it, because when C is doing something she knows she shouldn't she grins and says "no no no!" I must say "whoa" a lot too, because if she finds me doing something she thinks is a big deal (like standing on a chair to get something out of a cabinet) she says "whoa mama." If I say "totally" on the phone to someone, I'll hear "totally" repeated behind me.

--The both love to sing. They are surprisingly good at the ABC song, and at night we can hear them singing snippets of songs..."itzy bitzy spider," "e i e i o," and "tinkle tinkle lil' star."

--NO: This word is big in our household. C/D have found lots of uses for it. C says it once with force, (or 3x if mocking me). Dylan says it in rapid succession while closing her eyes and shaking her head "NONONONONONONONONONO!"

--C is always saying "Dylan milk" "Dylan shoe" "Dylan crocs" "Dylan sleepsack" "Dylan hat." Basically, whatever she is doing she wants Dylan to be doing too. But she's not just demanding, she's also maternal. If she gets milk, she says "Dylan" and holds her hand out for the other cup to give Dylan. If I give her a snack, she holds her hands out for one to give her sister.

Some Favorite Phrases:

"Say May May" = Excuse Me

"Daddy...work...vroom vroom... hiyi...." = Daddy drives to work and talks on the phone."
"Mama eat that" = Mom please eat this scrap I just spit out.
"Daddy Hide Feet"=Daddy hides my feet in the sleep sack
"Hi Bull"=Hello to my bull bath towel
"X" down!" (X=anything they have dropped, be it food, a fork, a lion, a hat, a cup, a book, etc)=I dropped X

"Vroom Vroom....are you?"= Where is the car parked in this parking lot

"Towel!"= I need a towel because I spilled something (on purpose or by accident)

"Katie Nigh Nigh"= Katie, the dog next door, is asleep

"Call X"= Call X, where X is usually Sam or Gram/Marsha. This is said while picking up the phone.

"Football"= The TV. They apparently think the TV only shows football. When D needed her breathalyzer I usually turned on the TV for a minute to distract her. I turned on Sportscenter because when I'd say "Do you want to watch TV for a second while we take medicine?" She'd say "Football."

Two more random thoughts:

--C has a favorite color I think. Blue. She always wants the blue cup, the blue towel, the blue step stool. Yesterday she opened a box with a blue sweater and a pink sweater. She immediately threw the pink one aside saying "Dylan" and then tried to put the blue one on.

--The other day I made them 'pumpkin cookies' (where "made" = put the pre-cut refrigerated ones from Nestle in the oven). C had eaten all of hers and wanted more, I asked D if she would share. D was LOVING her cookie, but she still tore off a little piece for C. When I gave in and gave them another one, the opposite occurred, and this time it was C who tore off a piece for D. My heart melted.

Here's a recent pic that makes them look WAY too old:

Here are the girls w/ their towels...



In this video D is saying "jacket off" and "closet"



Oh, and the next two weeks are going to suck for me, so I may have to go radio silent for awhile...

No comments: