
Stroller envy is the worst. You laugh, but I'm serious. As a mother of twins I am permanently attached to my stroller. And since I hardly drive (<5000>The thing w/ strollers is that it isn't like a car. You buy a car and you have car envy, you let it go, because buying another car is just not an option. No, with a stroller it is just expensive enough that you have to REALLY have stroller envy, but it is just cheap enough that you can (sort of) justify the purchase.
Andrew doesn't get stroller envy. His thought is "why do we need more than one stroller?" (This coming from a guy who tried to argue that we didn't need a rug in the nursery (which is cold and all hardwood) because "they won't walk for awhile, so who cares." Uh, yeah, whatever.) So my new trick is that I always ask people--in front of Andrew--how many strollers they have.... and this makes me look GOOD. The answer varies from 3 to 8...not kidding. I have found that people with one baby actually have the most strollers--I don't know why, maybe because single strollers are less $, thus less justification needed. Except for the fact that a lot of these single stroller people have, among their 3-4 strollers, a bugaboo, which is so expensive that if i bought one and then asked for another stroller i think andrew might divorce me.
Anyway, we have 3 strollers--1. a double snap n go we got as a gift...crucial for the first months with twins, and sadly my patoots are SO small they are just about to get out of the bucket seats. 2. a mcclaren twin traveler my mother bought for when my nephews visit that she sort of 'permanently' lent me and now acts as our car/travel stroller. not fantastic but does the trick. and 3. a baby jogger city series double. huge, but great for walking around our neighborhood and (i thought) for running.
But then i started running w/ a friend w/ identical twin girls and she has the bob double. and it rocks my world. so when the 06's went on sale i went and bought it. i'm convinced it will make me run more w/ C/D, which will in the end pay for itself because i'll use less nanny time to run. At least this is what I told Andrew : ).
My how life has changed. A few years ago I was justifying my shoe collection.
(The pics are just ones I love...D top, C bottom).

No comments:
Post a Comment