
The girls had their nine month check up today. Charlotte is 17lb, 6oz and Dylan is 15lb, 6oz, and they are both 26.5 inches long. They are still really short and small w/ big noggins (relative to others of their actual age). We are going to keep an eye on Dylan's weight (because she is in the 5th percentile for her age). We also confirmed that both Dylan and Charlotte have heart murmurs. The pediatrician is pretty confident that Charlotte's is an "innocent" heart murmur (benign). She cannot tell about Dylan. She thinks that if it were something really bad they would have definitely picked it up during the ecocardiograms she had (one fetal and at least one after she was born because of the single umbilical artery). "Worst case" as she described it would be a hole in the heart between the chambers, and this is something that could be repaired with surgery. It could also mean that she doesn't need surgery but would need to take antiobiotics when having dental work.
The cardiologist that the pediatrician referred me to is booked until Jan 3rd, but the nurse is going to get the files on the girls and show the doctors so that if they think we need to come in earlier we can figure something out. I would certainly prefer to go in earlier, but I also hope that they are not overly concerned about the girls based on the information my ped gives them.
I am of course worried, but I am relatively confident that anything really bad would have been picked up much earlier given all the tests Dylan had on her heart, spine (because of skin tag), etc. I still feel extremely lucky that the girls are as healthy as they seem to be, and I would do anything to keep them from having any health problems, ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment