On Saturday night Andrew and I flew to LA for Jason and Julie's wedding celebration party--the first night I have been away from the girls since they escaped the NICU.
My mother used to say that she didn't worry when we flew as a family because then "no one would be left behind" if something happened. I remember thinking "god mom, that is sooo selfish" but now I totally get what she means. You of course want your children to be safe, but you also want to know that someone will be there to take care of them. Anyway, so I hated the flying part of it but it was nice to be away for a bit. Unfortunately I still woke up at 5am because I'm so used to it, but it was nice to have a little PT with Andrew.
I've been told that I was drunk...but I really only remember feeling drunk at the end (so let's just say I remember 'the end' as a rather short part of the night...whether or not this is true I choose not to find out). But I do remember that the party was great...it was great to see Julie (she looked beautiful) and Jason so happy, and it was fun to see the Texas crew. However, there is a reason I don't bring cameras to events that involve my trilogy friends...EVIDENCE.
Oh, and apparently the airlines don't let you bring breast milk as a carry on unless you have "a baby" as proof... how ridiculous is that??!! My heart goes out to mothers who travel for work... that sucks.
Monday, October 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment