Thursday, December 01, 2011

Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving:
We made the trek out to Houston for Thanksgiving.  We took a shorter trip this time, in part because it is harder to miss kindergarten and in part because Tuesday was grandparents day at c and d’s school and the really wanted my Mom and Chris to attend (which they very nicely did).

I was freaked out the day before thinking it was too far to go for too short of a time, and worried that the kids might not enjoy it as much because the Dodsons had a large group attending Thanksgiving and I thought the girls would be overwhelmed.  But I was wrong.  They loved having the other kids around, and even though they ranged in age from 2-13, the kids all had fun together (the two oldest, 13 and 11, were the nicest kids and great ringleaders).   As LBD was going down for a nap she looked at me and said, "Mom, when I wake up, can I have a lot of Thanksgiving?"

The rest of the week was spent mostly hanging with family.  The kids could not get enough of the backyard (C went out to do art by herself for awhile, just like I did as a kid).  One day it rained and we hit Chuck E. Cheese, a Houston family favorite.  The girls liked being there to celebrate Ainsley’s birthday too.

On the last day we even went to the Galleria to the Rain Forest Café (never tell them they exist outside TX).  It was packed, and C and D walked through the mall with their mouths open. 

Finally D looked at me and asked, “Mom, where ARE we?”
And it occurred to me what they meant.
Me: “It’s called an indoor mall.”
D: “What does THAT mean?”
Seriously.

No comments: