(Please excuse any repetitiveness--if I don't get this posted soon my blog will be dead!) You are 39 inches tall (90th percentile) and weigh 33 pounds (75th percentile).
You love ballet. You love to do "Animal Action" (BIG BLUE TAPE!) and you pay very good attention in class.
You love swimming. And you are pretty good at it too. You are probably 8 months ahead of C and D's 'ribbon getting' and they aren't half bad at swimming.
You are the most talkative kid in the world and you will chat up adults you know with no problem. Except in school. You are mute in school. You love school, you follow directions and you retain all the information you get there, but you apparently do not say a word.
You like to spell your name. "Mom this says L-I-L-A. It is MINE."
You still like to suck your thumb when you are tired, (and yes you still try to stick your hand down my shirt, and when I don't let you, you often tell me that all the little Paulas' Moms let them stick their hands down their shirts.) So when tired, you put one hand in your mouth and one hand on your neck.
You are likely going to be more athletic than your sisters. You share their enthusiasm, but you also have girth, balance, hand-eye coordination, and strength on your side. Did I mention girth?
Your peaches and cream skin, your puckery lips, your belly, your bum. Who knows if they are pretty or not, they are begging me to squeeze them, to kiss them, to grab them. The way you scrunch up your nose and pucker your lips when you are trying to tell me something. You have this weird little sing song move where you squint your eyes, make a pinching motion with your fingers (right near your eyes), and jump from one foot to the other. I'll eat you up I love you so.
Your favorites:
- Color: yellow, followed by green, and maybe pink
- Food: ANYTHING SWEET, though you are a great milk drinker. You will generally try anything but your veggie likes are less diverse than your sisters'.
- Song: Harriet the Hippo (a kindergarten song) and any other song by C's amazing, stupendous, fantastic kindergarten teacher; Run for the Roses, All the Gold in California, The Cave, Firework, Five Little Speckled Frogs, Twinkle Twinkle Traffic Light, Any Christmas song, Any silly song your sisters teach you, and "Twinkle twinkle, traffic light, on the corner, shining bright. Red means stop, green means go, yellow means very very slow."
- Book: Cool Dog, School Dog; Dinosaurumpus ("say the ROAR quietly!"); Goldie Locks Has Chicken Pox, Olivia books, "Stop that Pickle!"
- Show: Chloe's Closet, Dora
- Character: Dora
- Toy: Critters, T.Y.Yopa Porky Talk (Porky Talk is her middle name)
- Games to play: HIDE AND SEEK, Sorry!, Airport (pretend), playing with dolls, tball, climbing up anything and everything.
"I tink..."
"Shh Shh Shh" (with finger to mouth, when she wants everyone to listen to her)
"no no no no" (with finger to my mouth, when she wants it tone her way and not mine)
"Just one time."
"Just one minute."
"Dos minutos!"
"Does this have nuts in it?"
"Can I watch a Bideo? Just one? Chloe's Closet?"
Your bedtime ritual (after reading) consists of you getting into your crib (yes still crib, yes still a sleep "slack"---why do people get rid of these so soon I don't know?!?!). Then you have me leave for a minute with the light still on. Then I come back, turn off the light, and sit for about a minute and you say "Ok, you can leave now." And then usually "Are you exercising tomorrow?" And if I say no: "Ok, then I want you to be here when I wake up." Occasionally you also ask for a "big hug and a big kiss."
Lately you have started this bizarre thing where before you tell me to leave the room (or say you are done with other things) you quietly say to yourself "1,2,3, red light red light, green light, green light." And then "Ok, you can go now."
| Lila crafting her very own "holiday card" |
![]() |
| Thank you for the super cool glasses Sproles family!! |
![]() |
| Hard to find a good hiding place with that S curve body |










No comments:
Post a Comment