Thursday, September 08, 2011

PRESCHOOL

YaYa started preschool today.  I will spare you my motherly angst about it.  If you know me, you know how I feel about it.

As you can see from the picture, she wasn't that sure about it.  I was surprised because she had visited the school many times before and the teachers are the same for all classes.  I was expecting her to bound into the classroom.  But because of the age range of the school she is one of the youngest kids in her class, and maybe she just felt overwhelmed.  And the Goags loves her mom, her family, and Vilda, and I don't think she saw any reason to spend time with anyone else.

Parents are asked to spend the first day with the kids, and the next few days are very short (normally she will only go T/Th for <3 hours anyway, so you can imagine how short she is going now).  Thus we haven't had the separation yet.  I had expected her to run off and forget about it, but as you can see from the pictures of her clutching andrew, she is not sold on that yet.

And yes, these pictures kind of suck.  It wouldn't be a first day of school if it didn't involve Andrew freaking out about us being late, me freaking out about wanting to get good pictures, and me getting mad at Andrew for freaking out about being late.  For the girls first day of school he had a right--they could not miss that bus.  For this one, I WAS IN THE RIGHT.  And I have the shadowy/too far away pictures to remind me of it.




Not knowing that someday she won't want to leave this plae
Please don't leave me Daddy

I might learn to like this place
I'm a School Girl Now

No comments: