Of my girls, C cuts me the deepest. She is probably payback for myself. She takes her frustrations out on me, she is the first one to find fault with me, and she will be the first one to find me embarrassing I am sure.
My first classroom volunteer project is tomorrow in C's classroom. (There are a LOT of volunteer opps at their school. Nice thing is you see many fathers signing up for them too). The task is to bring in a cooking project. "Really?" Andrew asked when I told him. "Not exactly playing to your strengths are you."
(I decided to take the easy way out and go w/ smoothies btw. Partly why I signed up so early--to beat out the other under performing cooks. Yet sadly I am still nervous I am going to screw them up).
C has come back each day the past week with some kind of information about the project, including "I found out that you will have 3 kids helping you Mom. I told Doug (her teacher)--in a very nice way--that, despite trying hard, you really were not a good cook, and that you might need extra help." Nice.
Tonight we were laying out her clothes for school, and in a complete departure from the almost immediate switch to jeans/shorts and a tshirt, she says "I want to wear something fancy tomorrow."
"Why?" I asked.
"Because it is MY mom coming to help tomorrow."
Monday, September 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment