Sunday, August 28, 2011

Summer Setting

This summer has been one huge, exhausting blessing.  I spent ridiculous amounts of time with my girls.  It was thrilling at times and it was terrible on rare occasions and it was exhausting all the time.  In many ways I felt like it was the last hurrah--the last time we would really be 'carefree' and not encumbered by school demands and extracurriculars for a long time.  I wanted to do a bunch of things with them.  I got to some:

----Putt putt golf--probably 8 rounds
--Strawberry picking--this one turned out to be a bigger pain in the *ss than I would have expected because the first time we missed it by 10 minutes and the second time we hit terrible traffic.  But we finally managed to make it happen and C and D loved it.  I was a little freaked about all the bees (allergic) but they seemed ok with it because their science teacher at preK was a bee keeper and had told them that bees don't want to sting you.
--Water park----the best cheap fun for kids.  Wish we had made it more often.  
--Francis Ford Coppola Pool.
--The Academy of Sciences and Discovery Museum--so much better during weekday mornings during the school year but we still managed to have a good time there.
--Spending time with their New Mexico Cousins
--Thomas the Train (again, yes, this time for Lila)
--Farmers Markets, Pony Rides, Face Painting, etc.










We missed some things I wanted to do (ie. visiting tide pools, fishing)

But what I will probably remember most are the lazy days, the all of us eating lunch together days, the nothing days.

No comments: