Friday, June 03, 2011

Quotes

Walking to the grocery store with their "parasells"

We try to discourage potty talk. C and D sometimes say "shake your booty" and we call that potty talk (mostly because they say it in a really annoying way and I just can't listen to it). Lila pronounces it "Shake your boodha"---but it is still potty talk to her.

One day she was in the playroom and she must have been showing off her devilishness and saying "Shake your boodha boodha!" So C and D start laughing and repeating it. Then L starts telling them "you saying potty talk" and they explain that 'boodha' isn't really potty talk. She gets all upset and comes running down the hall to me. She explains the situation and I tell her that yes, in fact "shake your boodha" is potty talk and they shouldn't say it.

From down the hall I hear C yell, "Mom, boodha is not potty talk...IT'S A CHINESE MAN!"
________________________________
All the girls love the band Mumford & Sons. "The Cave" is LBD's all time favorite song and she always asks me to play "I won't let you choke the noose awound yor neck." Yes, call CPS, she does.

Turns out the version of "Little Lion Man" that I have on my phone is not G rated. We always stop the song right before it gets to "I really f%@#ed it up this time" and when the girls ask why we say "because there is a bad word in it." One day D walked triumphantly up to me, slammed my phone down in front of me, and said, "Mom, you are wrong--there is NO bad word in here. I listened to the whole song. They never, ever said "poop."
______________________________________________
C knows that when she was a baby she received a blood transfusion from Andrew so that she could leave the NICU. The other day she says to me, "Mom I think maybe the reason that I love Daddy just a little bit more than I love you is that I have more of Daddy's blood in me."

______________________________________
D still wears boys underwear. Cars, Thomas, Woody. About a month ago we had a playdate and she came running in to me after using the bathroom.

D (upset): "Mom, Sarah said these are boys underwear."
Me: "Well, they can be for boys or girls."
D: "NO. She said that the hole in front--you know, the one I use for scratching---she said it is for a penis!"

Somehow I managed to keep a straight face. Somehow she managed to get over it quickly. She still wears boys underwear and when I told her she probably needed new ones (most are 2T/3T!) she said this time she thought she'd like Captain Hook underwear.
___________________________________________
L: "Gram, I need to ask you a question."
Gram: "What sweetheart?"
L: "Did you get that swimsuit at the grocery store?"
_________________________________________
L used to say "I want bofe" if I gave her a choice between two things.
Recently, she changed it.
Me: "Lila do you want this or this?"
Lila: "I want ALL."
Then after I give her something, say toothpaste on her toothbrush, she will ask me, "Mommy, is that ALL?"

No comments: