Friday, April 29, 2011

Royalists for a Day






Tea for 3...
Until last night at about 7pm I had given zero thought to the Royal Wedding. I don't really care that much, and I'm a little jaded by the last one, yet it is a kind of fun, and unique event that I figured the big girls might actually remember someday. And lately I have been very conscious of the fact that in four months my big girls will be in school most of the day and the days of "what do you want to do this morning?" will be gone.

So this morning when they woke up we crawled into bed (Andrew is gone) and watched about 45 minutes of the Royal Wedding. The best part was that when W and K came out onto the balcony and waved to the crowds, Lila stood up and waved right back. After early swim lessons we headed to a sweet little tea room on the other side of the city. Lila had her first "tea," which involved a whole lot of hot chocolate and not much else. C and D enjoyed it, and they especially liked the lollipops at the end of it. Afterwards we headed to the little store and I bought them their first tea set.

Despite my disdain for the whole 'princess thing,' I admit it was fun to indulge my royal whimsies for the day.

No comments: