Thursday, April 21, 2011

Quotes


(At the beach during a recent heat wave)

D one night after, in frustration, I had told her to count sheep to go to sleep.
D: "Daddy I can't get to sleep! Mom, told me to count sheep, but there aren't any sheep in here!"
__________________________

While driving to her golf lesson with Sam:
D: "The difference between boys and girls is that boys have a p___s and girls don't. But you don't need a p___s to play golf."
_______________________________
On Kate Middleton
D: "She's not a Disney princess. She does a lot more more than just face paint. But I'm sure if you invited her to a birthday party, she would face paint the children."
____________________________
D was pondering two things --A) The idea that darkness may be responsible for her not sleeping through the night w/o a pull up, and B) the idea that in some parts of Alaska it is dark almost 24/7 in the winter. Her conclusion...
D: "Mom, if I lived in Alaska I would have to wear a pull all the time in the winter."
______________
After I used the word macho in a sentence....
C: "What does macho mean?"
(and after I gave her an answer..)
C: "Were you macho of me when I got my last swim ribbon?"
____________________________________
After asking about the different weight requirements for booster seats...
C: "Personally, I think MaeMae could use a Klek."

D's response when I get frustrated with her for one thing or another....
D: "But I am just a 5 year old kid!! Don't you understand?"

No comments: