Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mothers Day


This year Andrew was gone on Mothers Day because of a bachelor party weekend that then blurred into a work Monday on the East Coast. While it was tiring to be with them all weekend by myself, we made the best of it. We went miniature golfing, topped our day off with very large Icees, and we scootered out to dinner that night. Sadly, for most of us mothers w/ little kids all we want on Mothers Day is time away from them : ). But we had one of those days where no one fought too much and we all seemed to enjoy ourselves. And in 20 years I will probably remember it more fondly than any massage I'll ever get in another year (though, to be fair, I am writing this long after and admittedly, I got angry at andrew--more than once--for not doing anything--at all- in the days and weeks that followed to make up for his absence)

At dinner we talked about their grandmothers and how much they loved them. They are lucky little girls.

No comments: