
LBD tired in church

Angel D

Angel C
I wish I could say that this blog entry was actually written right around Christmas time, but it wasn't. But let's pretend for a second that it was, shall we?Christmas is both exhausting and wonderful all at the same time, and having a daughter born on Christmas adds to both elements. We spent Christmas eve at church, where charlotte and dylan got to be a part of the 'performance.' They were angels, and even though they had both thought they might get to be "Gabriel" they were mostly just happy to be a part of the story and celebration. After the children's re-enaactment of the birth of Jesus the priest started by asking some questions of the audience. "What do angels do?" C raises her hand amidst the hundreds of guests, and eagerly says into the microphone she was given "FLY." Not sure that's what they were looking for but we admired her confidence. And just in case no one heard, D then raised her hand, the priest actually gave her the mic next, and she also answered "FLY."

Baby and Grocery Cart!
Christmas morning started out at our house--C and D LOVED their new golf clubs and lessons from Gram and Sam, and pretended to be "going to a tournament" all morning. LBD was thrilled with her grocery cart and scooter from Gram and Sam. D loved the Toy Story pjs from Santa, C loved her Ariel pjs from Santa, and L loved her baby doll from Santa.We then went to my Mom's and had a great time celebrating the holiday with everyone. The girls love the commotion of it all I think, although this year they were a little bit 'grabby' when it came to gifts. Unfortunately, in the craziness of it all I can't help feel like Lila's birthday gets lost. And then I feel guilty for saddling her with such a birthday. Perhaps most frustrating, I feel like I never get a good picture of her on her birthday with all that is going on. The least a Christmas Baby should get is a cute pic of her in a Xmas dress! Maybe next year : )








No comments:
Post a Comment