Tuesday, July 27, 2010

LBD at 19 Months

Warning park visitors, here comes LBD!
She'll do anything to be a part of the action, even be the "mariposa" getting caught

She loves to have me check her height.

Little Lila continues to become less little every day. While not the most verbal child (I like to think it is because you are 'bilingual' : ) but who the heck knows) you definitely understand everything, including when we are getting ice cream, vitamins, or dessert of any kind. You have added a number of words to your mushy vocab, many of which are defensive:

Awight! (usually with a request for a high five)
Wat? (What?!--it sounds a bit too much like me when c and d are calling me across the house/room, etc)
Yah (yes)
Mnoooooo (Nooooooo!)
Yuck (as you throw something in garbage, even if it isn't)
Most animal sounds
Dis (this)
Uts dis? (what's this?)
Bye bye ruh ruh
'Mile (when you are pretending to take a picture)
Yaya (your name)
Dis is my mama (i swear, you say it. only i would understand it though, but that is ok : ))

We call you Super Yaya too because if you hear anyone crying you will put your mouth in the shape of an o and follow the sound until you find the person. Then you lay on the person with a giant kind of bear hug. This makes any time out better (and I'd rather you guys be friends than not so I let it happen).

Occasionally there is a bully at the park when you go. Her name is Lila. You like to A) grab faces, and B) pull off hats. It has been a bonanza for you as it has been freaking freezing all summer so kids are wearing hats. Unfortunately many are attached to their heads and you end up yanking the kids head towards you. Let me tell you, the parents of these kids just love it. I look like the overprotective hovering parent until people realize I am trying to protect their kid from my kid and not the other way around. Really hoping it is just a phase or we are going to have to move earlier than planned.

You LOVE to be in water. I cannot get you out of the pool. You won't go in innertubes. You just want to go as deep as you can until you are submerged. And you don't want to be held, even when you can't stand. It is challenging, but I am so glad you are proving adventurous.

You won't wear barrettes or hats of any kind. Bummer.

No comments: