Monday, July 19, 2010

C and D at 4.5 Years Old: A Brief Update

D
C
D and her signature apollo ohno headband
C--Good cheer facers are born, not made

I tried to look at your four year update and then just focus on the new things.

Charlotte
  • You are 40.5 inches tall.
  • You were REALLY tough for a few months, but of late you are back to your sweet, kind, very lovable self. You become an even better big sister every day. A few days ago you begged me (again) to have another baby because "A: I don't like when someone has to sit in the car seat row alone, and B) I really want Lila to get to be a big sister because it is so great to be a big sister."
  • You have become a bit of a back seat driver. "Mom, you should move over into that lane. It is going faster." And when I explained what a backseat driver was, you even seemed to get the humor in how annoying that might be to a driver.
  • You are definitely driven by your peers. You see what an older kid is doing and you want to do what they can do. You are getting to be a good little swimmer too.
  • You still LOVE mermaids and you want to figure out how to become one.
Dylan
  • Your are about 39.5 inches tall.
  • You are still obsessed with 'tinches.' I admit, it drives me crazy. Your latest 'tinch' need is to be a 'tinch closer' to the table. I don't know how your meals make it into your stomach given how close you slam your chest up to the table.
  • You have been known to throw a few very loud tantrums in public places. Most people stare because it is hard to imagine such noise coming from such a little speck of a thing.
  • You still wear boys underwear. Size 2-3t. : )
  • You legitimately like to golf, and you aren't half bad at it.
BOTH

  • You are VERY proud of being "4 and a half" and not just 4.
  • You love to have dance parties in the playroom. Favorite songs: for D, Sloop John B, for C, Devil in a blue dress.
  • You always want to know where scary animals live so you know not to go there.
  • You get really caught up in some things. Lately you are obsessed with pirates and where we might find them. The other day you wanted to make sure that "pirates don't attack paddle boats."
  • You love your little sister. Intensely.
  • You still say some words incorrectly (and I have NO intention of correcting you)
  • You want to go 'scuva diving'
  • You like to point out when people are 'ogsessed' with something
  • D says 'tooken' instead of 'took' or 'taken.'
  • You like to do the "lumbo" (limbo) in Carmel.

  • You get words of songs wrong, and I love what you come up with instead. A few favorites:
God Rest ye Merry Gentleman is a Xmas song. It goes:
God rest ye merry, gentlemen, let nothing you dismay,
Remember Christ our Savior was born on Christmas Day;
To save us all from Satan’s power when we were gone astray.

You sing:
God rest ye merry gentlemen, let nothing you display.
Remember Christ our slave he was born on Christmas Day.
To save us all from Santa Claus now we are going to play.
________________________________________________________
Andrew's favorite is a Robert Earl Keen song that goes:

I packed my suitcase, I racked my brain, bought a ticket on a late night train.

D sings:
I packed my suitcase, I packed my brain, bought a ticket on a late night train

______________________________________________________________
But my favorite is I Gotta Feeling. You guys love singing it and even LBD kicks to it. It goes:

Tonight's the night, let's live it up
I got my money, let's spend it up

C sings:
Tonight's the night, let's live it up
I got my Mommy, let's spend it up

Hearing that, and the way she sings it with such excitement and fervor, is worth the price of admission.

No comments: