September 2008
June 2010




This week we finished preschool for the year, and next year they will be going to a different school. About six months we had to decide where to send them for their pre-K year. We chose a new school for a number of reasons. While I think they will enjoy their new school next year (and I know it is a wonderful preschool) I am also very sad to leave their current preschool. We made some good friends there, we adored the teachers (they wouldn't have the same teachers for their pre-k year which was one reason for the switch), there were a lot of really convenient things about it, and I am REALLY going to miss having quasi-Jewish children. They loved learning about "the Jewish People" and I loved the life lessons it taught them. (And I learned things along the way too). I am really going to miss the school and I feel like a little chapter in their childhood has ended. And that makes me sad all on its own.
We also had our last ballet class. The girls are going to miss the 'recital' because we are flying to Texas that day, but we made a big deal of the 'rehearsal' and I don't think they really knew the difference. They even got flowers from their Gram (via me). I don't know if they understood that really either, but D enjoyed sharing her flowers with everyone else. Fortunately we are heading back next year with their new classmates and will get to take ballet from Miss Emily (the mother of the cutest little boy in their class this past year) again. So at least we don't have to say good-bye to ballet for good. And I must admit, I was wrong to be so anti-ballet. I like what it teaches them about listening, following directions, working hard, and teamwork. (And they like the outfits : ) )
(could i BE any shinier?!?!) but everyone else looks too cute not to post this pic



No comments:
Post a Comment