Lately D and C have been into the concept of nicknames. It may have started with Dylan, who has said of late that she prefers "D" to Dylan (she spells it "Dee"). So C started 'shopping' for a nickname. The other day she started asking me what her name would be if we dropped a letter. She started with dropping the A, but she didn't like "shrrrrlotte." Then she asked what it would be if we dropped the C, and I told her it would sound like "harlot."
C" That's it. I want you to call me Harlotte."
Me: "Uh, hmm. Well, er, uh, ok."
Then about a minute later, from the corner of the playroom D says, (I swear kinda gangsta-ish): "I think I want my nickname to be D-Rose."
So I am now the proud mother of "D-Rose and Harlotte." As for Lila, she came up with her own nickname...
P.S. Speaking of names, Gram gave them pillow pets and C named hers "Sabrina" and D named hers "New Jersey" or "Jersey" for short. D says it is a girl but she gave it a boy name--just like her.

No comments:
Post a Comment