

Team Dodson LOVED the Olympics. It could not have come at a better time, between sickness, bad weather, an absent Andrew, and just the general ho-hums. We watched races, made Julia Mancuso crowns, and learned the words to "Oh Canada."
(There was some confusion when they watched the biathlon and I explained that the racers were shooting at a target. After a minute C says "I don't see a Target there!" and I realized she thought I meant the store. But all in all some great times were had).
And God bless the Olympics because female athletes get as much attention as the men. I realize how much it sucks for little girls when they are watching sports and it is always men playing. We'll watch football or baseball and they will say "Do girls play baseball? Do girls play football?" (How can we expect our girls to play sports when they don't see themselves in the role models?) So seeing so many female role models was awesome. We even acted out a few races.
We'll miss you Canada. Thanks for the memories.

No comments:
Post a Comment