LAmidst the sleep deprivation, the angst over poor parenting and/or rapidly shrinking sense of self, the frenetic pace of day to day existence, the brief spurts of work or attempts at mind-enriching activities, and the occasional moments of self-pity, one thought keeps going through my mind: "Remember this." I know, cheesy. But true. My mother tells me that when her kids were little were the best years of her lives. And I believe her. And I know that in the end I won't remember the fatigue or the frustration or the insecurities. I will remember their laughs, their smiles, the funny things they say, the way they smell after a bath. I will remember laughing with A at night about something they did or said that day. I will remember all the good stuff, and I will miss it so much it will hurt.
Tonight I went in and took pictures of each of them sleeping. Yes, they are still in cribs, and yes, C actually sleeps with that much crap in her be.

No comments:
Post a Comment