Friday, September 25, 2009

LBD at 9 Months: Nobody Puts Baby in a Corner








(How I found her one day when the girls said they were "playing with her")

First, I feel like my adolescence is dying around me. First MJ (watching Thriller with my siblings was the first moment I felt much cooler than my parents), then John Hughes (two words: Jake Ryan), and now PSwayze ("I carried the watermelon!"). So sad.

Second, Lila B is starting to become a little person. She is so so so so so close to crawling. She does the rocking. She just can't get her other leg around. SOOOOO close. She wants SO badly to follow her sisters around everywhere.

She wants to be her sisters so badly that she refuses to eat baby food. A little here and there when I distract her, but for the most part she only eats what she can put in her mouth. And she has no teeth!!!!! Turkey, peas, edamame, spinach by the handfuls, pasta, bread, apples, berries of all kinds, broccoli, asparagus, peppers, chicken, salmon, cheese, quesadillas..... seriously. I keep forgetting she has no teeth and then feeling bad when she gags on a big chunk of something. Her hit rate, unfortunately, is low, so there is always a full meal on the floor beneath her too.

And I swear she is saying mama. Ok, so it is more of a 'mu mu mu' but it is definitely in my direction. She likes any wood toy that she can gnaw on, throw, or put in something else.
She still has the coolest little laugh. Like a gurgle. I think I have few video tapes of it. I need to post.

Oh, and she is 27.5 inches long (50th percentile), 20lb,3 oz (75th percentile) and a 90th percentile noggin. Chubawub. She gets closer to D's weight everyday (:() (And she looks more like Andrew every day I think).

No comments: