Wednesday, May 20, 2009

5/20

If I could talk to my dad tonight, I'd tell him that his granddaughters know this about him:

  • That he used to do "up, down, all around" to dry me off after a bath when I was a little girl (now they like me to do it to them).

  • That once, when he was little, he went searching through the cabinets to find apple juice. Since he couldn't read yet he gulped down cider vinegar instead.


  • That Uncle Mikie and cousins Michael and Charlie Michael are named after him.


  • That on weekends he sometimes made me pancakes with chocolate chip smiley faces.

  • That Uncle Daniel looks a lot like him.


  • That he loved football, especially the Raiders.


  • That he liked to watch the Kentucky Derby.


  • That he used to sing "Sweet Baby James" and "Sloop John B" to us when we were little.

  • That he lives in heaven, and that before they were in my belly, they 'played with Grandpa Michael' up in heaven.


  • That he got to heaven by being really kind and good.


  • That I miss him very much.

I might also tell him that the older I get the younger he died.



C's winning horse, with a "blanket of roses" on him.

No comments: