Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Little Lady


Sunday morning Andrew had to work, so I called up my mom and begged her to let us come over for breakfast. (Which of course is silly to say because my mom never needs begging to help). After pink french toast at my mom's I took all the monkeys to Target over there. (Which, btw, must be a safe Target, because I was so exhausted from being up all night with both L and D that I actually LEFT MY DOOR OPEN for the almost hour I was in there...and NOTHING was taken).

As we are getting out of the car there is a woman next to us bringing her cart to her car. D looks at her and asks "Excuse me, are you leaving?"
Both the woman and I look at each other with a little surprise, and the woman responds, "Yes."

D then asks her, "Can we have your cart please?"

Then we both look at each other with shock (me because I've never asked another person that before so I'm not sure where D thought of the idea, and the woman probably because she's still wondering how this petite little thing that looks about 2 is having a conversation with her).

The woman finally says, "Of course, and you're a smart little girl."

D just shrugs her shoulders, cocks her head to the side, pulls her hair out of her face, and grabs the cart.

No comments: