Team Dodson doesn't have to worry about the blind side. We've got a secret weapon...and it drools. Yes folks, our newest team member clocked into her four month check up at 15lb, 5oz-- 90th percentile for weight. She's also 24.5 inches--75th percentile for length. The only thing not ginormous is the cabeza--41.5 centimeters--60th percentile. Now I understand why she has been blowing through clothes that C and D were in well into their 8th months (to compare, LBD is the same size now that DRD was at 9 months. Lucky for DRD she doesn't know she's small).
During the first two months the thing A and I would most often say was "Do you remember C and D being this ornery all the time?" For some reason L just never seemed happy except when asleep. Well during the last month L has been very busy charming the pants off of us. She is almost always happy, smiley, and easygoing. She oohs and aahs and is game for just about anything. I say almost always happy because, despite her gordita status, we have been having terrible nights with her--waking up about every hour and a half. Now I could go through all the things that I know I'm doing wrong but that would be boring. Let's just say that I have never been so tired in my life and while I adore LB, I'd love her a teeny bit more if she started sleeping more at night.
LBD cannot role over yet--despite 4 people cheering "Go Lila, you can do it!" she gets stuck on one of her arms. But I think we are close. She grabs for things and she likes the look of herself in the mirror (though not as much as her sister C did). She loves to take baths, and she likes to watch her big sisters. And she lights up when I pick her up. And I love that.
We think she is starting to look a lot more like C and D in many ways. Her eyes are definitely brown, but I'm really really hoping they keep a hint of green in them.

No comments:
Post a Comment