Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter in Texas

D and Andrew

D and Me
D and Andrew, D.

This past week we flew to Houston to celebrate Easter. A recap:


  • Lila was a rockstar traveler. Is it possible to make someone a good traveler? I'd love to make all my kids love to travel, and thus far LBD seems to be bound for lots of airline miles (I know, I know, they are so easy to travel with at this age, but I can still give her props, right?!)

  • Marsha threw LBD a very nice "sip n see" during which we got to see a lot of people we don't get to see often.

  • We went to Church on Sunday, sort of. Long story, but we did get to see a beautiful processional in a beautiful church full of many well dressed people (including George Bush Sr.). I think C and D really enjoyed it (even if there wasn't a rabbi).
  • D and C
  • The weather was awesome all weekend except for the hour of the egg hunt. It lightning and thundered and rained cats and dogs. We had the egg hunt inside. C
  • They had to hold up the hunt a bit because I was feeding L (I missed Xmas, I wasn't missing Easter too) and D tried to grab an egg. Andrew told her to stop. She gave him a devilish look, lifted up her dress, and put the egg in the front of her Thomas the Train underwear. Nice

  • We got to see the Erwins which is always a treat. We drooled over their amazing house and oohed and aahed over their beautiful daughters.

  • C and D got some quality 'drive drive drive' time.

  • C and D
  • C and D had a great time playing with their cousins. Ainsley was especially sweet to c and d and Hayes was especially sweet to L. They loved going to the zoo, lunch, playing on the slip and slide, etc, with them.

  • D, C and HayesC
    CDD
  • We were treated to a short trip by Grandmommy Helen and Aunt Elizabeth. Lila got to meet her great-grandmother a few days before he 95th birthday. C and D got to make cookies with Grandmommy. We are so grateful they made the journey from Nashville.

  • I was definitely a little jealous of the weather, the space, the yards, the space, and oh, the space.

No comments: