Yesterday Lila B was two months old, and it is official: we've got ourselves a fat baby. Lila weighed in at 11lb, 9oz yesterday--75th percentile! She is 22.5 inches long-- 50th percentile, and her head is also 50th percentile. (At one month D was 20.5 inches long (35-50th percentile) and 8lb, 10oz (25th percentile)).
Other than really pissing me off with her comments (more on that later), the pediatrician we saw (I don't like my peds office but I'm just too busy right now to deal with changing) told me that D's physical behavior is ahead of her age (whatever that means). She already anticipates being picked up by stiffening her neck, and she can lift her head and neck up for a bit using her arms (cat pose in yoga?)
At home Lila is determined to make her presence known. She sleeps a lot during the day but REALLY likes it best when held. She isn't much into smiling yet, much to my chagrin. I get a smile now and then but I think it is as much gas as anything else. She's also not that much ino sleeping for long stretches at a time. Part of the problem is that I don't want to wake C and D up so I think I pick her up the minute she makes any noises. And maybe the biggest problem for this blog, she's still fussy in the evenings so I spend most of the evening after C/D go down holding her. 
Her eyes are definitely not going to be blue (boo hoo) but they may be a green-brown. They look like they might be lighter than C and Ds. We'll see. Her pouty little lips are still pretty awesome. And she loves getting bathed and smells very sweet afterwards.

No comments:
Post a Comment