I already have my mother to thank for my sanity. Now I have Chris to thank for introducing my girls to the wonderful world of sports (at least live sporting events). For those of you who don't know, my stepfather is an obsessive Cal fan. Every school needs a fan like him. He supports all sports, not just men's basketball and football.
He's already taken C and D to two women's basketball games--and they loved it. And no, I am not a Cal fan, but Cand D certainly are now. A few funny stories related to their excursions:
My Mom bought them those foam fingers at the student store. C wanted to buy one for "Daddy" but my Mom said he probably wouldn't want from Cal. Without a moment's hesitation C walked right up to the counter and asked, "Do you have a Duke finger?" Needless to say they didn't. So D walked up and asked, "How about a Stanford finger for Mommy?" You can guess what kind of "finger" response that got from the Cal students (actually, they were very nice apparently).
I was talking to C and D about the game and all the festivities. I said, "Do you think you'll be a cheerleader or a basketball player someday?"
C: "I'm going to be a cheerleader." (Big surprise)
D: "I'm going to be Oskie (the bear)." You go girl.
Here they are (C in white)....Check out the spin. I look at this video and I see a vacation 10 years from now where they rope Luca Racciatti into a 'performance' by the pool. (And I can hear KC laughing at the thought of it).
Saturday, February 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
History tells us that Racciatti men have a gift to share, and that gift is poolside backup dancing behind young cheer divas. Luca will nail it if given the opportunity.
Go bears!
Post a Comment