The only problem with having my mom take care of them is that they are bummed to see us when we return. They woke up from their nap and spent the first ten minutes asking for her. And what isn't to like about MaeMae? She adores them. They eat "cuppycakes" and ice cream with her, she buys them not one but TWO pairs of sunglasses at Walgreens ("they had trouble choosing"), she plays with them ALL DAY LONG and actually believes them when they say they "aren't tired." My mother takes all the liberties you get w/ being a grandparent to heart---and she'd do ANYTHING for her grandkids. So I guess I can't blame them for wanting her more than me sometimes :-).
Correction: Andrew came home and was a little bothered by my last post. I figured it was going to be along the lines of telling people that he'd taught our daughters to say certain things. But instead he said indignantly "I didn't teach them to say 'snot.' I said "Really?" He said, "No, I taught them to say 'booger.'" My husband, who to date hasn't posted a single word on this blog, is harping on me for historical accuracy.
And here's a pic of the girls in hats that their Aunt Roey sent them to wear in Hawaii. Thank you Aunt Roey....we LOVE them!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment