Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Innocent

Charlotte and Dylan went to the pediatric cardiologist on Wednesday. Dr. Nikola Tede was very nice to get them in to see her. (I love that we were referred to a woman. If I have my way the girls will only see female doctors. I will consider myself a successful mother if one day one of them says to me "Mommy he can't be a doctor. He's a MAN.")

The girls have "identical heart murmurs" according to Dr. Tede. Most importantly, they are "innocent" as far as she can tell. We'll go back in a year to check again, but for now we can be pretty confident that they are murmurs common to infants and that they will eventually go away.

Once again, we feel incredibly blessed that the girls seem to be doing so well. We are worried that Dylan is so small but we are going to simply monitor her weight for the time being.

No comments: